ALCANTA CLEANER Textile cleaner for Alcantara (Artificial Suede)
- Effective but safe cleaning spray for Alcantara surfaces without any solvents that can weaken the synthetic fibres.
- Sustainable results with the SWISSVAX cleaning brush or Micro-Wash cloth yellow
- Easy and quick application
- Can be applied regularly without harming the materials structure or appearance
- Use in conjunction with a soft brush such as the Swissvax Detail Brush
- Alcantara is composed of approximately 68% polyester and 32% polyurethane giving increased durability and stain resistance. The appearance and tactile feel of the material is similar to that of natural suede, but it is lighter in weight compared to leather or suede which makes it popular with performance cars.
Alcantara (Artificial Suede) material is used in many of today's modern sports/luxury cars as a lightweight but durable and attractive alternative to leather, found in many Porsche, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati, Audi, BMW and Mercedes interiors to name just a few, it can also be found in many luxury Yachts. Its cleaning requirements are different to Leather as it is a man made material whereas Leather is a natural product. Therefore it is important not to use steam cleaners or standard fabric cleaning methods. Leather cleaners and leather conditioners must also be avoided.
Older or neglected Alcantara seats and steering wheels can suffer from fiber pilling (Matting) on the surface. These loose matted fibers look unsightly, this can be fixed by using a Swissvax Alcantara Sanding pad after cleaning with Swissvax Alcanta Cleaner. Sand the surface to remove the fibers and restore the original look and feel of your Alcantara. Note: Do not use traditional grit sanding papers!
Special attention: When cleaning neither rub the material nor use harsh detergents or solvents which may permanently damage the material. Swissvax Alcanta Cleaner uses bio degradable ingredients (Vegetable Based) and was specifically developed for cleaning Alcantara interiors. Avoid products made from animal fats and surfactants because these will leave undesirable residues in the fibers after cleaning.